More amazing vegan Chickpea recipes. The protein powerhouse smoothie and banana-Hemp-Chickpea bread!
chickpea recipe from sarah
This banana bread and chickpea smoothie is a meal in a glass. It’s also perfect for after a longer workouts. The mix of carbs and protein provide the nutrients you need for recovery, quickly — just like my other favorite recovery smoothie.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line up a medium loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine the following dry ingredients: chickpea flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Whisk well to integrate.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and add the vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well then add the 2 eggs, raw honey, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Mix again. (by hand, no mixer required)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl, slowly and mixing as you go.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, you could also do blueberries or cranberries or raisins.
- Transfer to the loaf fan and top with some more chocolate chips. Bake for about 45-55 mins (50 mins is the sweet spot for me (and allow it to cool before taking it out).
- I usually lift the parchment paper which brings out the loaf and transfer to a cooling rack. Slice into 10-12 pieces.
This savoury protein bread mixes chickpea flour with our hemp protein, milk and oil to create a protein and omega-rich dish. Serve with avocado or hummus for a light lunch or afternoon snack.
Ingredients – recipe:
- Hemp protein
- Chickpea flour
- Apple cider
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil
- Coconut extract
- Coconut sugar
- Salt, pepper,
- I love a hint of turmeric
Burger-Falafel paddies – Chickpea, bean, mushroom, tofu
Thats my special mixture
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 can chickpeas (240g drained)
- 1 carton black beans (230g drained)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 flax eggs
- Handful of coriander
- Chickpea or oat flour
- MY ADDINGS
- Rocket (rouquette)
- Oat flour
*1 flax egg = 1 tbsp ground flax seed and 2.5 tbsp water. Leave to thicken for 5 minutes.